Between 21-31% of heat loss in a home is lost through windows!
Draughts and air leakage around windows increase your heating costs.
If heat can be lost through a solid ceiling, underfloor or wall, imagine how much is lost through open gaps around windows!
If you’ve already insulated your ceiling, underfloor and walls or if you’re on a tight budget, there are other things you can also do to make your home a more comfortable place to live in:
- Plug up draughts around windows and doors.
- If you have a fireplace, block the chimney when not in use.
- A cheap alternative to expensive double-glazing is fixing bubble-wrap on the windows of particularly cold rooms throughout the house. Bubble-wrap is a cheap, quick and efficient temporary solution!
- Use thermal drape curtains rather than blinds to keep the heat in.
- Fresh air circulating through the house helps stop condensation and dampness.
- Use exhaust fans to remove excess moisture from kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms.
- Dryers should be vented to the outside, not into the ceiling cavity.
After we’ve assessed your home, we’ll let you know which affordable options will suit your windows.
The Warmer Kiwi Homes Programme’s Number 1 Insulation Installer
As a service provider to the Warmer Kiwi Homes programme, we installed more insulation than any other provider in the country in 2019.
Our insulation installers are knowledgeable, experienced and extremely good at what they do.
Also, all our work is installed to the Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority (EECA) standard, which is over and above the current New Zealand standards, as required for new builds and retrofit applications.
Your One Stop Shop for Window Insulation
GreenSide Energy Solutions will help you choose the right options for insulating your windows.