From insulation and heat pumps to ventilation, draught stopping and moisture barriers, we cover everything you need to keep your rental properties compliant with the requirements of the Healthy Homes Standards.
As a preferred provider for the Energy Efficient Conservation Authority, Auckland Council and the various District Health Boards that we work with, we are very experienced in not only reporting on the required standards but also implementing solutions to remedy them.
Having already installed thousands of energy efficient measures into rental properties across New Zealand, we fully appreciate what it takes to bring an underperforming property up to the required standard.
Need to get your rental compliant?
We provide Healthy Homes Assessments and cost-effective solutions for all five areas of the Healthy Homes Standards. This saves time for property managers and landlords and minimises disruption to your tenants, reducing multiple contractors visiting them.
Our experienced and friendly team of assessors and installers are all employed in-house and can help you get ready for the upcoming deadlines quickly and efficiently.
Residential Tenancies Act Insulation Requirement – 1 July 2019
The deadline for all rental properties was 30 June 2019. The Tenancy Tribunal is handing out fines for landlords caught without properly insulated properties.
If you missed the deadline – we recommend you book in quick!
Healthy Homes Standards 2019
On 1 July 2019 the Healthy Homes Standards (HHS 2019) became law, which sets out the minimum requirements that rental properties must comply with across five areas:
- Draught Stopping
- Moisture Ingress & Drainage
From 1 July 2020
- Landlords must include a statement of their current level of compliance with the healthy homes standards in any new, varied or renewed tenancy agreement.
From 1 July 2021
- Private landlords must ensure their rental properties comply with the healthy homes standards within 90 days of any new, or renewed, tenancy.
- All boarding houses (except Kāinga Ora (formerly Housing New Zealand) and Community Housing Provider boarding house tenancies) must comply with the healthy homes standards.
From 1 July 2023
- All Kāinga Ora (formerly Housing New Zealand) houses and registered Community Housing Provider houses must comply with the healthy homes standards.
From 1 July 2024
- All rental homes must comply with the healthy homes standards.
Healthy Homes Assessments
At GreenSide Energy Solutions, we can assess your property for all five standards required for compliance, provide a detailed report, and specify solutions to help you get your property up to standard in each area.
Governed by legislation, our focus is to confirm whether or not specific areas of your property meet the Healthy Homes Standards, which came into effect 1 July 2019. The report details the minimum requirements for insulation, heating, ventilation, draught stopping and moisture ingress and drainage.