Posted on 23 01 2023
Tips on lowering your energy bills in summer
After the recent cyclone warnings across the north island, the sun has come back for us! Now is the perfect time to reduce your energy consumption and reduce your power bills and we have a few tips to help you do just that.
- Open up your doors and windows. Creating air flow through your home will cool it down and is a good alternative to the air conditioning unit if you’re trying to reduce your bills. You can also use fans to help circulate air.
- Unplug appliances and electronics. Appliances can continue using energy even when they aren’t being used.
- If you’re looking at buying new appliances, energy-efficient models will also contribute to lowering your power bill as they are designed to use significantly less power
- Hang your clothes outside to dry. Dryers increase your power bill, especially if you’re using a hot setting to dry your clothes. Summer is the perfect time to use the clothesline and make the most of the good weather!
- Use the sun as a light source. Open curtains and blinds instead of using indoor lights. A simple but effective way to reduce your energy bill.
- Check your insulation. Something a lot of people don’t know is insulation benefits you all year long. It keeps your house nice and cozy in winter but also keeps the heat out in summer. By making sure you keep your insulation topped up, you shouldn’t have to use the air conditioner as often.
If you need your insulation topped up, or want to explore more ways to be energy conscious, get in touch with the team today.